An example of what you could pay on a 450000 mortgage could be: £450000 over 25 Years at a rate of 5.5 % will incur a monthly repayment of £2763.39 and a total repayable of £829017.00.
How much deposit do I need for a 450000 mortgage?
A 450000 mortgage will mean you have at least between 5% - 20% for a mortgage deposit.
This means if you want a 450000 mortgage you already have between £22,500 and £90,000 for your mortgage deposit.
This will be the first basis of your affordability of a 450000 mortgage.
This will mean you can put down a smaller mortgage deposit or be eligible for a reduction in the property price.
Some of the mortgages you could get with a 450000 mortgage include:
Fixed rate 450000 mortgages:
With these mortgages, the rates are fixed for a period of 2, 3 or 5 years and provides you certainty over your mortgage term.
Variable rate 450000 mortgages:
You can access a host of variable mortgages through a mortgage lender and this mortgages will have a variable rate which can be increased or decreased at any time by the mortgage lender.
Tracker 450000 mortgages:
You can access a host of tracker mortgages from most mortgage lenders. These mortgages will usually track the bank of England's rate and will move in line with it although it may not be the exact rate but rather a rate which will increase by the same point or increase by the same point as the bank of England rate.
You can access a host of remortgage options for a 450000 remortgage.
450000 buy to let:
Some buy to let mortgage lenders have a minimum amount they will lend but you may be able to get a 450000 buy to let mortgage with some specialist buy to let mortgage lenders. A buy to let mortgage broker will be able to assist you in this regard.
First-time buyer government schemes which you could get with a 450000 mortgage include:
- Lifetime ISA- gives you a government bonus of £1,000 if you save the maximum £4,000 a year.
- Help to buy ISA- gives a maximum bonus us £3,000 if you save the maximum allowed of £12,000. Before you get either you should consider which is better. Lifetime ISA vs Help to buy ISA.
- Help to buy equity loan- gives you up to 40% as a 5-year interest-free equity loan. You begin to pay interest at 1.75 % after the fifth year and 1% plus RPI for every year thereafter.
- Shared ownership- You can buy between 25% to 75% of the property initially with a shared ownership mortgage and then buy more using a staircasing mortgage.
- Armed forces help to buy- similar to the help to buy equity loan but specific for the armed forces personnel giving them an increased chance of acceptance.
- Rent to buy- This is the right to buy scheme on which this guide is currently discussing. A different marketing name is just used. Watch out for this when shopping to avoid missing out on eligible properties due to confusion.
- Right to buy- allows you to buy your home at a discount price.
- Preserved right to buy- same as above.
- Right to acquire- same as above.
The second basis of affordability for a 450000 mortgage will be your salary.
Most mortgage lenders use your annual salary x a multiple to see how much they could lend to you.
If you want a 450000 mortgage you will need your salary when multiplied by a multiple of 3 to be at least 450000.
Most lenders will use multiples of between 3 and 5.
What do the repayments on a 450000 mortgage look like?
Mortgage repayments on a 450000 mortgage will differ based on lenders and it wouldn't be wise to simply provide details that can change at any moment here.
To see if you are eligible for a 450000 mortgage, speak to a mortgage broker.
We have provided you with an illustration of what the repayments on a 450000 mortgage could look like but bare in mind that these might not be the repayments you are able to get with the mortgage lender
How much would a 450000 mortgage cost per month?
£450000 over 25 Years at a rate of 5.5 % will cost £2763.39 per month.
What's the monthly payment on a 450000 mortgage?
The monthly payment on a 450000 mortgage will vary based on the APR which you pay on the mortgage. e.g over a term of 25 years at an APR of 5.5% you will pay £2763.39 as your monthly payment but with an APR of 1.5% over the exact mortgage term of 25 years, you will pay £1799.71 as your monthly payment.
Can I get a mortgage for 450000?
Can you get a 0% LTV 450000 mortgage?
Yes, there are mortgage lenders who will offer a 450000 mortgage.
They are a certain type of mortgage known as a family springboard mortgage, they include mortgages from lenders such as the Barclays family springboard mortgage, the lloyds lend a hand mortgage or the post office family link mortgage.
How to get a 450000 mortgage?
Getting a mortgage can be a very difficult process if not handled with care.
Mortgage brokers will also usually have access to specific deals from mortgage lenders as well as experience on which mortgage lenders will be more likely to accept your case. This will help you avoid getting rejected on a mortgage application and having to build credit due to the damage a rejection might do to your credit score.
If you have bad credit or are self-employed then specialist mortgage brokers such as bad credit mortgage brokers or self-employed mortgage brokers may be useful to ensure you get a mortgage offer from a mortgage lender.